- Suspension trauma safety strap: Helps prevent the effects of suspension trauma after a fall by allowing vicitim to stand up in their harness.
- Allows user to stand in harness after a fall: Allows the worker to relieve the pressure being applied to the arteries and veins around the top of the legs.
- Attaches to almost any harness: Attaches to most harness sizes, styles and brands right in the field within just minutes.
- Fast and easy installation: Simply choke the trauma pack around the harness web at the hip and the system is ready.
- Extremely compact and lightweight design: Ensures the system stays out of the worker's way for added safety and productivity.
- Simple and fast zipper style deployment: Extremely simple and fool proof design only requires user to unzip packs and hook straps together with built-in hook and loop.
- Continuous loop design: Accommodates one foot or both feet relieving pressure to both sides and allowing for added movement of the legs for increased comfort, balance and improved circulation.
- In-field re-setable design: Allows user to properly train with device, getting familiar with operations without having to purchase another.
- Load Capacity: 310 lbs
- Standards: Capital Safety Gen. Mfg. Req.
- Recommended Industries: Construction, Transportation, Utilities
The Suspension Trauma Safety Strap was designed to help a worker overcome the potential negative health impacts of suspension trauma (otherwise known as Orthostatic Intolerance). This condition can occur when a person remains suspended at height (after a fall) for even short periods of time. Suspension in a harness may cause blood to pool in the veins of the legs which can result in unconsciousness; if not rescued promptly, serious injury or death may occur. The Suspension Trauma Safety Strap is designed to prevent suspension trauma while a worker is awaiting rescue. The Suspension Trauma Safety Strap allows the worker, who is suspended, to stand up in their harness and to relieve the pressure being applied to the arteries and veins around the top of the legs. The continuous loop design allows both sides of the harness to relieve the pressure being applied to the legs. The strap accommodates either having one foot or both feet in the loop at a time - it will relieve the pressure to both sides with just one foot in allowing for added movement of the legs. The strap allows for increased comfort, balance and improved circulation in the legs while suspended and waiting for rescue.